What is PANORAMA?
Open source technology is a powerful generator of change. Once the platform is shared with the community, a fascinating process begins: developers and users around the world begin to play with the software and, more importantly, begin to create new features and new use cases that seek to address goals that the original developers had not imagined at conception. Open edX™ is no exception to this approach.
Thousands of Open edX™ implementations around the world are driving educational technology initiatives for educational institutions, universities, academia, NGOs and businesses of all sizes.
Adoption of Open edX™ has been growing from its origins as a MOOC platform at an accelerated pace in recent times due to the challenges of Covid and confinement.
This wide adoption sometimes challenges the original perspectives. And this is the case for analytics tools. Most of the existing analytics tools for Open edX™ focus on courses, as MOOC dynamics provide valuable insights with this perspective.
But for other use cases, a more comprehensive approach is needed:
- An Educational Institution wants to see the complete list of enrolments, participation indicators and performance of a particular student.
- A University wants to track the performance of students in a specific degree course composed of a set of courses.
- An Academy wants to be able to see which courses are most attractive to students and, at the same time, which ones provide the main sources of revenue.
PANORAMA an innovative approach
To address this diverse spectrum of analytics, at Aulasneo we have developed PANORAMA: a flexible analytics engine that can be easily customised and adapted to the specific needs of each organisation delivering online courses through Open edX™.
PANORAMA is an analytics engine that allows organisations using Open edX™ to deliver online courses to create their own management dashboards.
Differentiated roles by user profile
Organizational leaders can have a high-level view of enrolments, student performance and engagement at the organisational level, while having the ability to drill down into specific courses or students if needed.
The analytics views can also be customised by configuring different levels of access, such as:
- Administrator view: permissions to view all available dashboards for the organisation.
- Instructor view: permissions to see a detailed view of the courses they are part of as staff in a single dashboard.
- Student view: permissions to see all the statistics of the courses they are enrolled in in a centralised dashboard.
- Partner view: in organisations that have multiple learning partners, he can provide them with a read-only user dashboard that can exclusively track course activities for that specific partner.
- Data scientist power user: organisations can have power users to create their own dashboards that link different data sets and set up custom data analysis.
Lorem fistrum por la gloria de mi madre esse jarl aliqua llevame al sircoo. De la pradera ullamco qué dise usteer está la cosa muy malar.
Panorama enhancement features also include options to integrate with e-commerce modules to track revenue and any additional information generated by an external system linked to the LMS (such as HR software).
Auslaneo Panorama is based entirely on Amazon AWS serverless components, without any EC2 instances.
Our development follows the following logic, which provides scalability and flexibility:
Data collection> Data preprocessing> Log data tracking needs some preprocessing> Data extraction> Data lake> Data query> Data presentation.
Thanks to its completely serverless architecture, Panorama is *:
- Faster to implement: within minutes.
- Simpler: no code, no Open edX code change, no application to install.
- More scalable: global integration of multiple instances of Open edX
- More flexible: easily integrates with external data sources
- More controllable: granular control of data access
- More customisable: easily create your own reports
- Smarter: use ML to augment data
- More durable: largely independent of Open edX releases
- More secure: no open ports or APIs required for data extraction
- More secure: control access with IAM
- More reliable: based on serverless architecture
- More efficient: no heavy load on Open edX instances
- Easier to maintain: no OS, no dependencies, no infrastructure
- More economical: its cost model is usage-based.
*Compared to similar systems based on traditional web application architectures
Improved AI and ML (Machine Learning) analytics
With PANORAMA, analysis possibilities are not limited to historical data collected from the platform. Dashboards can include predictions using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence tools to plan different scenarios. These use cases can help all types of organisations to plan and shape their objectives with a data-driven perspective.
PANORAMA is available for all Open edX™ instances.
PANORAMA is available for all Open edX™ implementations. It is part of our hosted Open edX™ solutions on Aulasneo, as part of our Software as a Service (SaaS) offering.
PANORAMA can also be implemented in self-hosted deployments. For these cases, a configuration is set up to connect to Open edX™ instances and provides access to 3 essential control panels.
If you would like to learn more or schedule a demo session, contact us by filling in the following contact form: